WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF RAW GOATS MILK?
- Easier to Digest ~ although the fat content of both goats milk and cows milk are similar, the fat gobules of goats milk is easier to digest due to their size being so much smaller than the fat gobules contained in cows milk.
- Low in Cholesterol, High in Calcium ~ Goats milk promotes "good" cholesterol levels and helps to reduce "bad" cholesterol. The high levels of medium chain fatty acids is almost double in goats milk (30 to 35%) compared to cows milk (15 to 20%) - these types of fatty acids produce energy that isn't stored as body fat, are said to help treat conditions such as coronary disease and intestinal disorders all the while helping to lower your cholesterol. Goats milk contains about 33% of your Daily Recommended Values of Calcium, compared to only 28% of your Daily Recommended Value of Calcium contained in Cows Milk.
- Fewer Allergic Proteins / Less Inflammation ~ I'm sure you have heard it said that those who have a dairy allergy are able to drink goats milk with no side effect, although a large percentage of people with lactose intolerance are able to drink goats milk with no issues, we always recommend speaking to your doctor before adding any type of true dairy to a diet that has been avoided. Some information that you can share with your doctor can include that most folks who are unable to digest cow milk is due to the inability to digest the protein A1 casein, which is included in cows milk, along with over twenty more allergens that can include inflammation which can cause issues from IBS and leaky gut to acne and autoimmune diseases!. Goats milk ONLY contains A2 casein, which makes it (protein wise) the closest milk to human breast milk anywhere.
- Improves you skin ~ Here is where our goats milk soaps step in to take the lead! Goats milk's pH level is nearly the same as humans (as mentioned above) therefore it is absorbed by the skin with far less irritation and is known for helping to block bacterias. The triglycerides and fatty acids found in goats milk have so many moisturizing qualities, helping to keep your skin soft. Goats milk soap (made with organic raw goats milk, not powdered or processed goats milk) is consistently praised for improving your complexion, fighting acne and improving overall skin health. Many people who suffer from eczema and psoriasis found healing and comfort when using our goats milk soap, especially those containing NEEM essential oils.
- According to Dr. Axe from "Food and Medicine" article, "Nutrients like iron, calcium, magnesium and phosphorus were more easily digested and used by the body in goat milk than in cow milk. Because of these minerals' bioavailability, goat milk may help treat nutritional deficiencies like anemia and bone demineralization. Its high levels of zinc and selenium also aid in preventing neurodegenerative diseases"
When picking up your milk and other products at the farm, don't forget your farm fresh free range chicken eggs. Each dozen contains a rainbow of organic chicken eggs, as Kayleigh specifically chose breeds that will lay beautifully colored eggs. Ask for your "Kayleigh's Farm Fresh Butt Nuggets" Today - only $4 per dozen!
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF RAW GOATS MILK SOAP?
- Raw Goats Milk itself contains alpha hydroxy acids which aids in the removal of dead cells from the skin. Raw Goats Milk also contains a high fat content which helps hydrate the skin and also contains vitamins A and B2, which offers many additional benefits to the skin. None of these benefits can be found with goats milk soaps that are produced with powdered and / or processed goats milk. Make sure when shopping for Goats Milk Soaps to be sure to ask where their source of goats milk is from.
- Besides the goats milk included in every bar of soap with handcraft, we use only the healthiest and most organic natural products. We list every single ingredient on every bar we produce including essential oils or fragrance oil that differentiate our individual scents for each soap.
- We NEVER use paragons or other chemical ingredients - such as triclosan and triclocarban (many antibacterial soaps on the market today use these chemical ingredients). EPA regulates the use of triclosan as a pesticide, causing unnecessary risks.
- EPA also has stated "There are indications that certain ingredients in these (mass produced) soaps may contribute to bacterial resistance to antibiotics, and may have unanticipated hormonal effects that are of concern to FDA".
- Because our handmade goats milk soaps are made in small batches containing only natural and organic ingredients, the benefits are substantial to both your body and our environment.
- Hand crafted soaps will keep the glycerin within the soap (as opposed to separating it out like the larger commercial companies do) allows the soap to provide greater moisture which benefits the skin.
- Supporting small businesses helps our economy to grow. Supporting small farms helps to secure food sources for our communities.
RAW GOATS MILK - BENEFITS AND MORE -- PURCHASE SOME TODAY!
HOW CAN I PURCHASE SOME NATURAL, ORGANIC RAW GOATS MILK FROM INDIAN VALLEY DAIRY?
Our goats milk is seasonal. We milk from mid Spring until the end of November each year. We firmly believe in "drying off" our girls during breeding season (late Fall, early Winter) so that all nutrients go directly to the babies that are growing in their bellies.
We have several options for purchasing raw goats milk from us. You may purchase "on demand" by calling / texting with no less then 24 hours notice of pick up to (978) 360-3002. You may request any amount of milk in quantities of quarts. We offer 1/2 gallon glass jars for $10 each and quart sized jars for $6 each. There is a $2 per bottle (either size) deposit, which can be returned upon return of the bottle, or can be carried over week to week. You are also able to sign up for a monthly allotment of milk, which is discounted according to the amount of milk requested each week. Those who sign up for the monthly allotment are able to pick up either once or twice a week. We will not hold milk for longer then a 24 hour period, unless arrangements are made before hand.
All milk MUST be picked up from our farm. Massachusetts Dept of Agriculture does not allow delivery or shipment of raw goats milk. Our licensed (with State of Massachusetts) dairy is subject to random testing (no less then once per month) of all of our milk, our facilities and our equipment, so you can rest assured that the raw milk you are purchasing from us is the best you can get. (We also make our raw goats milk soaps with this same tested raw milk!). Please contact us today so we can work together to find the best option for you and your family to enjoy all the benefits listed above - not to mention the tastiest milk available today!